Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Birthdays


Both of my sons celebrate their birthdays in January.  My oldest turned four and my youngest turned two.  This is the first year we decided to hold a joint party for them (the first of many i think).  As we had lot's of kids and friends attending I wasn't brave enough to bake the cake myself so bought this gorgeous and delicious cake from food infinity.  Ramin and Haris were so excited when they saw the cake, it was perfect!



As well as the party with most of their friends, on their actual birthdays we had family over and had cake (which i did make).

My oldest son requested vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing, his favourite.  




For my youngest son i made the Pink Lady cake from Deb's fabulous blog, smittenkitchen.  This was so good.  The cake was light and the icing was so creamy and yummy.  I had to stop my oldest son, Ramin, from licking it off the cupcakes.  I used my mini springform to make the cake and also made cupcakes.








2 comments:

Maris said...

Those cupcakes look great - you're certainly no novice!

farah said...

Thanks Maris, that's very kind of you. I haven't been baking for very long so I'm trying to make up for lost time :)