Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gingersnap Biscuits


Every time we used to visit my Grandmother in England, she always had ginger biscuits in her biscuit tin. I loved it! Every time i eat these now it takes me back to when i was a little girl spending time with Grandmother Kathleen. She was so kind and patient. I had a Winnie the Pooh Bear (this was before disney bought the rights) that went everywhere with me, she knitted several outfits for my beloved Winnie!

I was tempted to buy a pack of these gingersnap biscuits at the supermarket but I felt I wanted to do more to keep my memory of my Grandmother alive and decided to make them instead.

4oz self raising flour
2oz butter
2 1/2 oz sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking of soda
1 tbsp golden syrup or light corn syrup
Additional granulated sugar to sprinkle on top.

Place dry ingredients together in a bowl, whisk and set aside.
Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pan and stir.
Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix to make a stiff dough.
Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls.
Place the balls on a lined baking tray and press each one down slightly (i use my fingers for this). Sprinkle sugar on top of cookie.

Bake approximately for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown at 180C.



7 comments:

Pete Boland said...

I've gotta bake some...must do it. Look amazing.

Marshall Lynch said...

This gingersnap biscuit looks so delicious.
Gun Clips | Tacoma Carpet Cleaner

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really do look wonderful. I've been browsing through your earlier entries and I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I, by the way, have a recipe for kladkacca on my blog. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

farah said...

Thank you for your comments. Please do make them, they are yummy!

Mary, thank you for your kind words, i'm glad you like the recipes on my blog. I had a look at your blog and i have bookmarked so many of your recipes to try!

Thanks for stopping by =)
Farah xx

chelsea said...

Oh, that looks so delicious!
Nice post!




Windows Server 2008 | Seattle Homes

designer pens box said...

i love it!

rozena said...

awsome cookies:)
I recommend blog with also amazing recipes:
www.blok.koty2.com