Friday, November 13, 2009

CEIMB - Carrot, Green Apple & Mint Salad



Ok, so its not the prettiest looking salad.......but it tastes so good!!
I thought there was no way i could get this recipe wrong; the ingredients were simple and the method even more so. Yet i did. I was in such a rush to make this that i didn't pay much attention and instead of grated carrots and apple, it ended up finely chopped. I know in the photos it looks like mush but it was actually really crunchy :)



It tastes great, although i think i was a bit too enthusiastic with the mint. I would happily make this again (in its correct form). Thank you Jessica, from The Singleton in the Kitchen, for a wonderful pick for this weeks CEIMB. Its perfect for the year round summer days we have here. Please check out Jessica's wonderful blog here.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for making this with me this week! I love playing with textures, so the finely grated/chopped carrots and apples look really good to me. I'm glad that you ended up enjoying this!

Nanny'76 said...

hello pam, I find that your salad is excellent both in color from beautiful warm appearance and flavor .... good Sunday

P.S.: Sorry for my English not perfect.

Nanny'76 said...

Farah excuse not know why I think Pam, sorry again ....

Karine said...

This salad sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Sweet and Savory said...

I think it looks delicious. If you did not say, it should have been shredded, I would not have thought twice about it being diced.

I had all the ingredients to make it, so I thought and when I went to put it together, no yogurt. I was going to try sour cream but I am not looking for those calories.

AppleC said...

That looked good. I love carrot salad....with raisins!

Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

Very nice website. i like it. It is too good because you shared very great recepies.
Here are also some receipes of Asia's famouse dishes those are spicy and famouse in every cermoney.
Make for your family & Have Fun

Make Biryani Yourself <=> Make Asian's Food